Production Trainee Position – Trabuco Canyon
T-Y Nursery has an open position for a Production Department Trainee at their Trabuco Canyon facility. Working with an experienced production manager and department staff, the trainee will be expected to learn and apply production operations management, and coordination of department functions with other departments in the nursery.
- Scheduling crop production.
- Coordination with Sales, Propagation, Pest Control and Distribution departments.
- Plant care and maintenance (extensive knowledge).
- Systems operations.
- Record keeping, data input, analysis, and reports.
- Adaptation and application of latest products and methodologies.
- Management of employees and company policies.
- Constant improvement to meet customer and company goals and expectations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who loves horticulture to learn firsthand how a large ornamental production nursery operates to supply high product quality in large volume.
AA degree in Ornamental Horticulture, Production Planner or related field, Bachelor’s degree is preferred. A combination of education and nursery experience will be considered. Nursery production experience is a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish/English and cultural awareness is a must.
- Computer literate, MS Office particularly Excel.
- People skills to manage and train employees with respect while meeting company goals and expectations.
- Be able and comfortable working five and a half day weeks and seasonal on call responsibilities.
T-Y Nursery has been in business for 48 years and offers its’ employees the following benefits
- Medical : estimated to start Jan 2015
- Vacation: Two weeks after the first year
- Discretionary bonus at year end